- Balancing core elements that bring together theoretical sophistication with the latest digital methodologies
- Tailor your learning through modules which suit your requirements and aspirations
- Our location is surrounded by sites of archaeological interest and you may have opportunities for international fieldwork
The Roman Archaeology programme from The University of Exeter develops your specific competences and research skills required in Roman Archaeology at an advanced level through extensive engagement with primary evidence. You will also acquire advanced competence in core academic, personal and key skills, to provide a solid basis for career progression in the academic world of doctoral research or for a specialist career.
Of course doctoral study is not the only option available to you, you will graduate with a full range of skills that will make you competitive in the job market. You will be encouraged to become a productive, useful and questioning member of society.
You will be well placed to go onto work in either Archaeology or the wider Heritage Sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classics and Ancient History
- Dissertation in Roman Archaeology
- Roman Archaeology in the Digital World
- Research Design in Archaeology
- Themes in Archaeological Theory and Practice
- Rome: Globalisation, Materiality
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 152 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 Honours degree in Archaeology or a related subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £9,500 full-time; £4,750 part-time
- £20,000 full-time; £10,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.