- Gain an understanding of the core areas of psychology as required by the BPS
- Provides the training to enable you to work as a psychologist in a variety of fields
Opportunities to specialise in clinical or educational psychology
This Psychology (Conversion) programme from The University of Exeter is specifically designed to enable students with a non-psychology background to pursue a psychology-based career, many of which require a BPS accredited degree for further training. This degree will therefore help prepare graduates for a subsequent career in, for example, clinical psychology, educational psychology, organisational and occupational psychology, and forensic psychology.
Graduates will acquire a number of skills on completion of the programme, including enhancing their ability to think critically and solve problems, to learn through team work and be engaged in a student-led project. They will also become an engaged and participative leader in debates on psychological issues, and the diversity of assignments they will complete will make them adaptable and resilient.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Project
- Research Methods and Conceptual Issues in Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Cognitive and Developmental Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Personality and Individual Differences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Clinical Psychology View 101 other Masters in School Counselling in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We usually require a minimum 2:1 Honours degree. No specific subjects are required.
- Please note, that for the optional module Special Educational Needs: Teaching and Learning and, in some circumstances, research projects as part of a dissertation, students will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £12,000 full-time; £6,000 part-time
- £24,500 full-time; £12,250 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.