- It can be applied for as a stand-alone degree or form the first year of a PhD
- Delivered as part of the ESRC South West Doctoral Training Partnership – a hub of world-class social science research
- Acquire the necessary skills to generate good research questions, establish plausible theoretical answers, and carry out high-quality empirical research in order to test your hypotheses
- Complete a research project that makes a contribution to the discipline, and gives you necessary skills and confidence to be able to operate independently in the future
On completion of your Psychological Research Methods programme from The University of Exeter, you will have the scientific skills to enable progression into research or professional psychology, the communication skills required for marketing and business roles, and the interpersonal skills needed for progression into personnel or caring professions.
Exeter’s reputation amongst graduate employers has helped postgraduates into successful careers in research, high technology industries, management, personnel, legal and advertising services amongst others.
- Advanced Statistics
- Behavioural Science Research Skills
- Research Apprenticeship
- Current Research Issues in Psychological Research Methods
- Methods in Cognitive and Clinical Psychology and Neuroscience
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Research Clinical Psychology View 842 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Normally a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in Psychology. A degree in another discipline may be accepted if it included substantial content in Psychology, research methodology and statistics.
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time fees per year:
- UK: £6,000
- International: £12,250
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.