- You’ll develop a sophisticated understanding of international relations in the region and an awareness of the different perspectives and debates within this field
- Add a further dynamic to your studies and take a beginner’s level course in Persian, Arabic or Kurdish languages
- Benefit from direct access to academics carrying out cutting-edge research in Arab and Islamic studies
- Your advanced knowledge and understanding of complex political and cultural issues in continually changing environments will be valued by public and private sector employers
Throughout your Politics and International Relations of the Middle East programme at The University of Exeter, you will develop an advanced understanding and appreciation of the culture, politics and history of the Middle East which will be valued by employers in both the public and private sectors. Alongside this, you’ll gain a range of academic and professional skills including:
- The ability to synthesise and comment critically on a body of academic writing and evaluate government and other relevant publications
- Construct and defend a rigorous argument, both in written and oral form, using primary and secondary materials
- Independent research
- Organising, planning and time management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- State and Society in the Middle East
- International Relations of the Middle East
- Dissertation Skills
- Management and Governance: Comparing Public Administration around the World
- Policy and Politics: the theory and Strategy of Delivering Public Services
- Public Sector Finance for Managers
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Political Science View 519 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are looking for graduates with a 2:1 or above in their first degree. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
International19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £4,600 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.