- The Mining Geology programme at The University of Exeter is designed to provide advanced specialised training for earth science graduates, leading to excellent employment opportunities in the extractive industry
- Attain a comprehensive understanding of the role of a geoscientist working in the mining industry, and learn new skills including underground geological and geotechnical mapping, surveying, mineral exploration, ore microscopy, ore deposit modelling and mine planning
- Gain knowledge in mineral resource estimation and grade control, mineral extraction and management, mining law and the environmental impact of mining
- Study taught modules over two semesters and undertake individual projects throughout the summer vacation, often as industrial placements with a mining/exploration company.
A unique benefit studying at Camborne School of Mines is the community and relations you will gain both during, and after your studies. Camborne School of Mines has a world-class reputation and excellent alumni network, allowing our graduates to prosper in their respective fields in all corners of the globe:
“I have worked in many places around the world and have yet to visit a country where I could not find at least one CSM graduate. In fact, there are normally several and they can often be found in influential positions.” Tim Henderson, CSM Graduate and Mining Consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Project and Dissertation
- Resource Estimation
- Ore Deposit Geology
- Techniques in Mining Geology
- Excavation and Geomechanics
- Economics, Processing & Environment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 746 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of being predicted or achieved a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in Geology. Consideration will also be given to appropriate equivalent professional qualifications and training on a case-by-case basis.
- Students applying with Turkish Government sponsorship/funding need to include their project topic as part of the application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.