- The Mining Geology programme at The University of Exeter is designed to provide advanced specialised training for earth science graduates, leading to excellent employment opportunities in the extractive industry
- Attain a comprehensive understanding of the role of a geoscientist working in the mining industry, and learn new skills including underground geological and geotechnical mapping, surveying, mineral exploration, ore microscopy, ore deposit modelling and mine planning
- Gain knowledge in mineral resource estimation and grade control, mineral extraction and management, mining law and the environmental impact of mining
- Study taught modules over two semesters and undertake individual projects throughout the summer vacation, often as industrial placements with a mining/exploration company.
A unique benefit studying at Camborne School of Mines is the community and relations you will gain both during, and after your studies. Camborne School of Mines has a world-class reputation and excellent alumni network, allowing our graduates to prosper in their respective fields in all corners of the globe:
“I have worked in many places around the world and have yet to visit a country where I could not find at least one CSM graduate. In fact, there are normally several and they can often be found in influential positions.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Resource Estimation
- Ore Deposit Geology
- Techniques in Mining Geology
- Excavation and Geomechanics
- Economics, Processing & Environment
- CSM Professionalism MSc
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to enable time for your application to be considered,
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 61 other Masters in Geology in United Kingdom
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of being predicted or achieved a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in Geology. Consideration will also be given to appropriate equivalent professional qualifications and training on a case-by-case basis.
International25950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.