The MA and other postgraduate courses in Advanced Child Protection attract national and international students with a variety of experiences in child protection. It provides students with the opportunity to access a diverse pool of knowledge in an environment that allows you to question and excel.
Reasons to study Advanced Child Protection at Kent
- Benefit from access to the Centre for Child Protection's award-winning training simulations and innovative learning tools.
- Our flexible study programme includes distance-learning and part-time options enabling you to study while working.
- Learn from high-quality video lectures from experts and leading academics.
- Online access to academic journal articles, book chapters and e-books.
- Study at a Centre which has worked in partnership with the NSPCC, the NHS, the Home Office and Kent Police (Special Branch).
- Shared learning with students who are multi-agency child protection practitioners working in health, education, social care, law enforcement, humanitarian crisis and community based organisations.
- Opportunity to share knowledge and hear the latest research in the field.
Our Master’s and stand-alone modules give you the opportunity to further your career and expertise in child protection. As well as benefiting from Kent’s academic excellence, you gain insight into multi-agency relationships and responsibilities. The Centre attracts students from across social work, health, education, police, law, probation and the third sector, and widens your potential learning experience. The distance learning delivery of the Advanced Child Protection programme from University of Kent enables you to fit learning around your life and work commitments and you have the chance to apply your knowledge as you progress. Each cohort contains a unique mix of experiences and professions, providing a valuable opportunity for information exchange and networking.
- Understanding Social Research
- Definitions, Prevalence, Causes and Consequences of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Contemporary Child Protection Practice and Policies
- New Perspectives on Assessment and Observation
- The 'Unconscious at Work': The Organizational Dimensions of Risk-Management
- Dissertation Child Protection
- Support, Help and Intervention
- Support, Help and Intervention in International Child Protection
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Sociology School Counselling View 741 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second class honours degree. In certain circumstances, the School will consider candidates who have not followed a conventional education path and these cases are assessed individually.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International5200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5200 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5200 GBP per year during 24 months.
- PCert: £3467
- PDip: £3467
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.