- Taught by the internationally established Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined mining school and geoscience department
- Undertake training in the management, remediation and mitigation of the environmental impacts of mining
- Become an in-demand geoscientist helping mining companies and governments carry out mining as sustainably as possible, and protect the environment from its potentially negative impacts
- Gain the knowledge and skills for a career in national and international mining and environment industries, consultancy, academia, and government or non-governmental organisation sectors.
This Mining Environmental Management programme at The University of Exeter offers a unique opportunity to gain specialist knowledge in theory and technologies in the environmental management before, during and after mining. You will gain the knowledge and skill needed to work in relevant roles across sectors including the national and international mining and environment industries, consultancy, academia, and government or non-governmental organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- GIS for Mineral Explorationists and Geoenvironmental Engineers
- Economics, Processing & Environment
- Mine Waste Characterisation, Prediction and Treatment
- Research Project and Scientific Article
- Soil and Water Contamination
- Politics, Mining and Sustainable Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Mining, Oil & Gas Environmental Management View 207 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree from a recognised university (typically a 2:2 or higher) in a science, earth or environmental science, engineering or maths based subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £5,750 part-time (where available)
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.