- You will receive intensive tuition in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and an Arabic dialect in Exeter and spend a period abroad studying in an Arabic-speaking country.
- You’ll learn how to make choices around your own work and be exposed to the forms of work found in the most successful research
- You will investigate and contextualise major events and current affairs in the Middle East, utilizing area studies and political science theories and methods
- The Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies (IAIS) is one of the foremost academic departments in Middle East, Islamic Studies and Arabic. Get involved in a variety of IAIS activities and join our vibrant research community
- Your knowledge of Arabic language and expertise in Politics of the Middle East will be valued by public and private sector employers and open doors to further academic study
Graduates from this Middle East Politics and Arabic programme at The University of Exeter may find professional employment in a wide range of sectors both in the UK and internationally. A comprehensive background in Middle East politics, international relations and Arabic language is relevant to careers in:
- academia and education
- international agencies such as the United Nations or the European Union
- international development
- print and broadcast media
- private sector companies with interests in Islamic countries
- business and risk analysts
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Arabic language
- Dissertation skills
- Theorizing the Middle East
- Study abroad module
- Politics and economics of the Middle East
- The Palestine Question
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Political Science View 549 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For admission to the programme we would normally expect that you hold a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a social sciences or humanities discipline. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 24 months.
UK fees per year:
- £5,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.