- You will undertake a substantial (3-6 month) project on fungal pathogen biology or host-pathogen interactions
- You will undertake a unique three-month research project directly related to the ongoing research in the MRC Centre for Medical Mycology and be supervised by leading experts
- Graduates of this Medical Mycology and Fungal Immunology programme at The University of Exeter might expect to pursue a career in academic, commercial or clinical research
We will help you to develop a range of transferrable skills including self- learning, critical evaluation, analytical skills and applied statistics, IT-based approaches, and scientific writing, whilst exposing you to cutting-edge research techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Mycology
- Project 1 - Medical Mycology [See note a above]
- Project 2 - Fungal Immunology [See note a above]
- Extended Medical Mycology Project [See note b above]
- Professional Skills
- Application of Genomics in Infectious Disease
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to enable time for your application to be considered,
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1619 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant Biological Science degree (eg Microbiology, Biochemistry or another Biomedical Science), and Medical and Dental graduates with a minimum of 12 months postgraduate clinical experience (completion of UK Medical or Dental Foundation Year 1 competencies). Applicants with significant professional experience in medical mycology or fungal biology will also be considered.
- Applicants must also provide one strong academic reference.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £17,500 full-time; £8,750 part-time
- £26,500 full-time; £13,250 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.