This exciting Financial Data Science programme from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School will equip students for a career addressing global business needs for data science expertise particularly in the financial services industry.
The MSc in Financial Data Science is suitable for graduates of engineering, computer science, mathematics, and business (with quantitative modules), with a talent for and interest in applying data science to problems particular to the realm of financial services.
What are the benefits?
- UCD College of Business has a significant number of academics who are leaders in the area of financial data science and digital technology and financial services.
- Immerse yourself in how financial markets operate and the ongoing FinTech revolution in this space.
- The programme features the theory and practice of cutting-edge quantitative analysis, optimisation, data science and machine learning on real financial data sets.
- Graduates will attain skills and understanding in software programming, databases and applications of machine learning in finance.
- Options include a FinTech start-up incubator program in the Summer Trimester in partnership with Nova UCD, (which offers guidance and support in bringing start-up ideas to market).
Career OpportunitiesGraduates of the MSc in Financial Data Science will find career opportunities in the following areas:
- Data science
- Financial Services
- Investment Management
- Risk Management
- Banking & Credit Risk
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Capital Markets
- Derivative Securities
- Financial Analysis
- Financial EconometricsFinancial Theory
- Banking & Finance in the Digital Age
- Programming for Financial Data Science
- Financial Data Science
- Machine Learning for Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled. We advise you to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesFinance Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 31 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduates with an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or any degree with a significant quantitative element (such as engineering, physics or mathematics) are eligible to apply to this programme.
- Applicants may be asked to undertake the GMAT or GRE at the Programme Director’s discretion.
- Two completed academic reference forms from referees who can assess applicant's maturity, motivation and intellectual ability. Part-time students can provide employer references.
- English Language Test
- Additional Documentation
International24900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA19000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Fees Part-Time EU: €9,500 per year
- Part-Time Non-EU: €10, 250 per year
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.