- Choose from a range of cutting-edge subjects, including global security, cyber operations, modern forms of warfare and transnational governance
- You’ll develop the ability to identify, locate and appraise legal materials and connect these to contemporary problems of international law
- Join our community of students and scholars at one of the research centres and participate in our research seminars and other academic events
- Enhance your learning by participating in extra-curricular activities such as pro bono projects, internships, mooting and networking events
The modules offered at the International Law programme at The University of Exeter include topics you must have knowledge of in order to succeed in senior positions, whether in private practice, corporate or public employment – including international trading companies and law firms, chartering, trade, and marine insurance, the European Commission, the European Court of Justice, or the Governments of EU Member States.
You will gain invaluable experience in finding out the law from the original sources; in preparing and producing extended legal writing; and in presenting a legal proposition briefly and succinctly to an audience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Dignity and Human Rights in the EU
- International Investment Law and Arbitration
- International Law of Armed Conflict
- Law of the Sea
- International Tax Law
- International Human Rights Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Legal Studies View 472 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For admission to the programme we would normally expect that you hold a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in Law (or a degree with a substantial legal component). While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience in legal professions, we would welcome your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £5,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.