- Gain transferable skills for marine environmental management, and learn to use 'R' and GIS
- Dissertation can involve external placement/s
- Delivered by internationally recognised experts in a location surrounded in coastal and marine biodiversity
This Marine Environmental Management programme at The University of Exeter will provide you with a diversity of skills that will equip you for a range of sectors of work and further study of marine environments. Skills include:
- Scientific writing and poster preparation
- Grant writing
- Public speaking
- Short film production
- Press release and the professional use of social media
- Data analysis
- Writing scientific information for a lay audience
- Use of “R” and GIS.
The programme will prepare students for careers in environmental NGOs, fisheries management bodies, government agencies, consultancy companies and marine-related businesses such as aquaculture, shipping, offshore energy, etc. The degree also offers a thorough training in research skills and methods so provides an excellent basis for an academic career.
- Research Project
- Statistical Modelling
- Fisheries Management
- Protected Areas
- The Art of Science
- Planning and Leading Conservation Projects
- GIS in Conservation Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Marine Engineering Environmental Management View 61 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally at least a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject is required, although a 2:2 with relevant experience will be considered.
- Applicants from non-science backgrounds will be considered, particularly where applicants have had work experience in the field of conservation/wildlife management.
International25500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £7,250 part-time
- £12,750 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.