- Develop your understanding of the theoretical foundations of teaching, reading and writing, and the pedagogical implications of this
- Our Education Studies module will provide you with a thorough grounding in education research, theory and practice
- Our core modules focus on your own personal development, looking at children’s literature for pleasure and engaging you in undertaking your own creative writing
- Our cultural programme gives you opportunities to network and learn new skills by attending workshops with performing arts companies as well as craft-focused arts workshops and even a pop-up choir!
The flexibility of this Language and Literacy in Education programme at The University of Exeter means it is ideal for students from a range of subject, professional and career backgrounds including teachers, lecturers, administrators, education advisors, or other related professions.
Students considering an academic career and progression to PhD are advised to undertake the MSc Educational Research.
The University has an excellent reputation with graduate recruiters and our students compete very successfully in the employment market. Our graduates have gone on to a range of careers in the UK and overseas with examples given below.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education Studies
- Reading the World
- Writing: the Future
- Independent Study
- Preparing for Educational Research and Dissertation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Linguistics View 375 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
For admission to the programme we would normally expect that you hold a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area such as social sciences, humanities or education. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
International7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.