- Join the Language and Literacy in Education programme at The University of Exeter and develop your understanding of the theoretical foundations of teaching, reading and writing, and the pedagogical implications of this
- Our Education Studies module will provide you with a thorough grounding in education research, theory and practice
- Our core modules focus on your own personal development, looking at children’s literature for pleasure and engaging you in undertaking your own creative writing
- Our cultural programme gives you opportunities to network and learn new skills by attending workshops with performing arts companies as well as craft-focused arts workshops and even a pop-up choir!
- Subject Specialist Teacher (including music, arts, drama)
- Special Needs Teacher
- Head of Department
- Arts Manager
- Educational Therapist
- Education Officer
- Dyslexia Assessor
- Education Consultant
- Dean, Faculty of Arts
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education Studies
- Reading the World or
- Writing: the Future
- Independent Study
- Preparing for Educational Research and Dissertation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to enable time for your application to be considered,
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Linguistics View 574 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- For admission to the programme we would normally expect that you hold a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area such as social sciences, humanities or education. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
- We welcome applications from students who hold qualifications and degrees that are not in education. These may include degrees and qualifications undertaken in the social sciences, natural sciences, humanities, arts or business studies. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and every application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We would encourage applicants to use their personal statement to indicate their interests in education and any relevant work experience.
International2600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National2600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2600 GBP per year during 36 months.
- £2,600 per 60 credit module
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.