- Residential learning experiences provide an opportunity for immersive learning of fundamental skills and approaches to understanding and solving challenges
- Opportunities to undertake a work placement or research projects within an organisation as an alternative to a traditional academic dissertation
- Your learning is informed by the latest research undertaken by world-leading scholars and the Global Systems Institute community
The Global Sustainability Solutions programme at The University of Exeter addresses global sustainability challenges, equipping graduates to apply systems thinking to solve complex problems in a wide variety of environments and contexts. Throughout your learning you will be provided with bespoke careers and employability training.
A key specialism is the training and opportunity to practise how your academic work is engaged within wider social, economic, and policy debates. Upon graduation students will have the experience and skills necessary to become agents of change for a sustainable future and are expected to work across a range of roles.
Graduates of this programme might expect to gain the following attributes:
- An imaginative critical thinker and problem solver
- An active global citizen
- A creative and enterprising team player
- An engaged and participative leader
- A confident, resilient and adaptable individual
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Solutions Project (Internship)
- Blue Planet
- Global Challenges
- Climate Change Science and Solutions
- Global Systems Thinking
- Innovation and the Science-Policy Interface
- Theory for Sustainable Transitions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 320 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All applicants are considered individually on merit although we usually require a 2:1 honours degree.
- No specific subjects are required.
- The programme has been designed to allow students from a wide range of backgrounds to immerse themselves in a transformative educational experience. No science, mathematics, or engineering prerequisites are required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £6,000 part-time
International fees per year:
- £12,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.