- Taught by the internationally established Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined mining school and geoscience department
- Gain knowledge in rock engineering, site investigation, data capture and data analysis required to understand the issues facing engineers excavating increasingly ambitious and complex underground spaces
- Delivered by staff with strong research interests directly related to the topics covered, modules involve a broad range of activities and teaching delivery methods
- Take advantage of workshops using the latest industry relevant computational tools, practical activities and group and individual exercises
A unique benefit studying at Camborne School of Mines is the community and relations you will gain both during, and after your studies. Camborne School of Mines has a world-class reputation and excellent alumni network, allowing our graduates to prosper in their respective fields in all corners of the globe:
“I have worked in many places around the world and have yet to visit a country where I could not find at least one CSM graduate. In fact, there are normally several and they can often be found in influential positions.” Tim Henderson, CSM graduate and current Technical Director at Glencore
Graduates of this Geotechnical Engineering programme at The University of Exeter have gone on to enjoy careers as geotechnical engineer, rock mechanics engineer, geologist, design engineer and tunnelling engineer. Our graduates have gone to work for some exceptional companies such as Cross Rail and Bam Nutthallt.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project and Dissertation
- Excavation and Geomechanics
- Health and Safety in the Extractive Industry
- Project Management
- Surface Excavation Design
- Mine Planning and Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesGeology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) General Engineering & Technology View 746 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good honours degree from a recognised university (typically a 2:2 or higher) in a science, earth or environmental science, engineering or maths based subject.
- Students applying with Turkish Government sponsorship/funding need to include their project topic as part of the application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
£6,300 part-time (where available)International fees per year:
£13,300 part-time (where available)
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.