- Developed by Health Education England and is aligned with their vision to prepare the NHS for the legacy of the 100,000 Genomes Project
- You will have the flexibility to combine modules from the traditional MSc with this fully online version
- You will study a rich curriculum examining theory, research, policy and practice in the field of genomic medicine
- NHS employees in England can apply for funding from Health Education England to undertake modules, up to a maximum of four (postgraduate certificate) in the first instance.
The Genomic Medicine programme at The University of Exeter is especially designed for healthcare professionals across the world, to improve their capabilities, their ability to work across international healthcare systems and within healthcare related industry and to support career progression.
Students who are not healthcare professionals would acquire knowledge, understanding and skills that should help them gain employment or PhD positions especially in the expanding fields of genomics, bioinformatics, or other medically-related research and development in either academia, pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Genetics and Genomics
- Omics Techniques and their Application to Genomic Medicine
- Bioinformatics, Interpretation and Data Quality Assurance in Genome Analysis
- Genomics of Common and Rare Inherited Diseases
- Molecular Pathology of Cancer and Application in Cancer Diagnosis, Screening and Treatment
- Pharmacogenomics and Stratified Healthcare
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Genetics View 12 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Normally a min 2.2 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Relevant clinical or professional experience may be taken into consideration as evidence of equivalency. The University is committed to an equal opportunities policy with respect to gender, age, race, sexual orientation and/or disability when dealing with applications. It is also committed to widening access to higher education to students from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- MSc: £10,500 full-time; £5,250 pa part-time (2 years); £3,500 pa part-time (3 years)
- PGDip: £3,500pa (2 years)
- PGCert: £3,500 (1 year)
Standalone module fees: UK: £950 per 15-credit moduleInternational fees
- MSc: £23,000 full-time; £11,500 pa part-time (2 years);
- PGDip: £7,700 pa (2 years)
- PGCert: £7,700 (1 year)
Standalone module fees: International £2,100 per 15-credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.