- By taking the Financial Mathematics programme at The University of Exeter you gain financial expertise from the University of Exeter Business School alongside mathematical skills from our internationally respected Mathematics department
- Be prepared for careers in areas that require expert skills in mathematical and financial modelling, computational analysis and business management
- Develop essential, complementary skills in areas such as probability and stochastic analysis, option pricing, risk analysis and extremes, computational methods using MATLAB/C++, financial management and investment analysis
- Undertake a project in your chosen field, where you’ll develop your research, computational, and modelling skills with support from staff who have extensive experience working in multiple financial services and insurance industries.
The University of Exeter has an established reputation of training tomorrow's great minds to a high standard, so when it comes to life after graduation you can be confident that you are starting your next professional adventure in a prime, leading position. All programmes are designed so you not only get a second to none education in your area of choice, but you also are equipped with the correct vocational skills to achieve success in the working world or in further study.
The Career Zone provides one-on-one support and is home to a wealth of business and industry contacts. Additionally, they host useful training events, workshops and lectures which are designed to further support you in developing your enterprise acumen.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods for Stochastics and Finance
- Analysis and Computation for Finance
- Mathematical Theory of Option Pricing
- Advanced Mathematics Project
- Financial Management
- Research Methodology
- Dynamical Systems and Chaos
- Ergodic Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 863 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a mathematics, science or engineering subject, with significant mathematics content.
- Pearson 58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
International26000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- With Professional placement (second year) £3,200
- With Professional placement (second year) £5,200
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.