- Springboard into a career as an Economist, whether you’re looking to work in the Civil Service, at a leading bank, or a multinational organisation
- Well-suited if you’re interested in becoming an analyst for a major investment company
- Use our established FEELE Lab ((Finance and Economics Experimental Laboratory at Exeter) for research in experimental economics
Our Master’s programmes are designed to prepare you for a successful career, wherever in the world you plan to work. Employers expect advanced communication and technical skills, team-working and independent research, project-management and the very latest specialist knowledge from their postgraduate recruits.
The Financial Economics programme at The University of Exeter enables you to develop the professional, research and economic skills and subject expertise that will make you a valuable asset from the start of your career.
This is also an excellent programme from which to launch an academic career by later pursuing your own PhD research topic in economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Financial Economics
- Financial Management
- Optimisation Techniques for Economists
- Research Design and Dissertation
- Economics of Corporate Finance
- Applied Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 853 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A mid 2:2 degree (55%+) with honours in an Economics or related discipline from a recognised university, including degrees where Economics is a "minor" subject. Evidence of mathematical/quantitative ability is required.
- We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications.
International20100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.