- At the Financial Analysis and Fund Management programme at The University of Exeter you will be challenged with an academically rigorous curriculum supported by practical experiences to ensure you gain the skills demanded by global organisations
- You have the opportunity to gain your MSc in 12 months, and also work towards Levels I and II of the CFA examinations
- Enjoy access to our 24/7 finance lab hosting major databases including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
- Participate in the Business School Ethics Challenge analysing CFA case studies, and apply to the Global CFA Investment Research Challenge judged by CFA experts
Our Master’s programmes are designed to prepare you for a successful career, wherever in the world you plan to work. Employers expect advanced communication and technical skills, team-working and independent research, project-management and the very latest specialist knowledge from their postgraduate recruits.
Your employability is a main priority for us, we therefore offer a range of excellent career support and additional activities including:
- A brand new Finance and Banking Career Management Module, designed exclusively for the programme. This module covers mock application proves and an overview of the roles you can look to progress into
- You can extend your programme with the prestigious QTEM Network, taking part in a one-semester exchange, a 1.5-month internship and participation in the QTEM Data Challenge leading to the QTEM certificate demonstrating your high-level analytical ability, work experience and international exposure
- One-to-one appointments are available with our dedicated, highly qualified postgraduate careers consultants including CV workshops and mock interviews
- Employer led workshops from top investment banks and financial service companies, to offer you advice and insights into their recruitment processes
- Access to the Career Mentor Scheme to develop your professional goals by connecting with alumni in your chosen field
- Weekly careers e-bulletins bringing you the latest career news and events
- Financial database training leading to the award of the Bloomberg Market Concept (BMC) Certificate and the Thomson Reuters Product certificate upon completion
- Academic / Research challenges give you the opportunity to participate in various events and challenges including the CFA(R) Investment Research Challenge, the Business School’s Ethics Challenge and the Bloomberg Investment Ideas Challenge.
- Professional Standards and Development
- Financial Modelling
- Principles of Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Credit Instruments and Derivatives
- Equity Valuation Models and Issues
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 1744 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above with honours in Accounting, Finance, Investment, Economics, Maths, Business or related discipline from a recognised university. Evidence of mathematical/quantitative ability is essential.
- The majority of our candidates will be expecting a First or 2:1 degree, however, we do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS and CIMA.
International29000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.