This Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (Distance Learning) programme offered by the University of Kent aims to:
- provide graduates with detailed knowledge of intellectual and developmental disabilities, and (MA/PDip only) experience of conducting research in this field.
- Our postgraduate courses provide detailed knowledge of intellectual and developmental disabilities. Graduates will have gained a very good understanding of the matters arising within this population and will be able to analyse and conduct relevant research.
- Our postgraduate courses improve employability prospects for both those with established careers and new entrants to the field. Many of our students already work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in professional, management or supporting capacities.
- Our programmes support their continuing professional development and enhance their opportunities for career advancement. Other students, who are at the beginning of their careers, move on to a range of professional roles in health and social care including working as psychologists in learning disability or behavioural specialists in community learning disability teams; service management of development roles; clinical psychology training or a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Social Psychology of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Behaviour Analysis and Intervention
- Service issues in Intellectual and Development Disabilities
- Extended Essay
- Extended Research Project in Intellectual andDevelopment Disabilities
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for home/EU students, but we strongly recommend you apply no later than three months before your intended start date.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 24 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree, typically in psychology or other relevant social sciences, or comparable professional qualifications and experience.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, and professional qualifications and experience will also be taken into account when considering applications.
International8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU - £6100
- UK - £3000
- EU - £3050
- International - £4050
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.