- Gain practical experience of experiments related to archaeological and taphonomic processes and the production of a range of material culture types
- Our programme involves practical work and field trips and offers the opportunity for some modules to be studied alone
- Our location is surrounded by sites of archaeological interest and you may also have opportunities for international fieldwork
The Experimental Archaeology programme at The University of Exeter is designed to develop your skills of analysis, assessment and interpretation as well as the production of written and oral reports. The broad-based nature of the subject and the skills it provides give a strong grounding for a wide range of careers, not only those related to archaeology but also in the wider fields of teaching, administration and business. Some graduates combine their initial job with voluntary archaeological work or with further part time study of the subject.
Some destinations of graduates from Archaeology programmes are:
- Archaeological Assistant
- Experimental Archaeologist
- Field Archaeologist
- Learning Resources Coordinator
- Museum Curator
- PhD in Archaeology
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Press Executive
- Time Team Archaeologist/Community Archaeologist
- Web Developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experimental Archaeology
- Experimental Archaeology in Practice
- Research Design in Archaeology
- Material Culture
- Professional Skills in Archaeology
- Advanced Project
- Themes in Archaeological Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesArchaeology History Geography View 15 other Masters in Archaeology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 Honours degree in Archaeology or a related subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £4,625 part-time
International fees per year:
- £10,000 part-time
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.