The programme in Business - Sustainable Finance at BI Norwegian Business School will focus on the core economic theories that address sustainability and ESG issues, their macroeconomic aspects, and corporate dimensions. You will acquire an in-depth understanding of how it affects financial management and how financial constraints may limit or support corporate action towards these issues.
By using and applying systematic and quantitative tools and methods within finance, you will be equipped to analyse and assess the impact, risks and benefits, of ESG and sustainability in the context of corporate decisions and development. The programme will also address ethical issues that may arise when trying to balance interests of investors, employees, other stakeholders, and society. By being introduced to a variety of relevant and real-world cases, you will be trained and experienced in critical thinking, problem solving and working individually and in teams.
Sustainable finance is an area of competency that is still very new and will increase in importance in the coming years. There is high demand from all sectors of the economy for managerial talent with both strong management and financial skills, and a deep understanding of sustainability and social responsibility issues. A broad range of career opportunities will be open to you, both in Norway and internationally.
Graduates will qualify for a range of positions in different areas across:
- The finance, banking, and insurance industries
- The shipping industry
- Large organisations where finance and sustainability and the circular economy are considered important and relevant
- As analysts, roles in portfolio management, asset management, and risk assessment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Sustainability Issues and Finance
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Economics for Finance
- Corporate Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Applications received by 1 March will be given priority. BI Norwegian Business School will continue to accept applications until 1 August. No applications will be accepted after this date. Offers of admission will be made based on availability of seats in the programmes. Applicants from outside the EU who do not currently reside in Norway must apply by 15 June to allow time for securing a student residence visa.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Sustainable Development View 12 other Masters in Finance in Norway
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration, finance or economics
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS) with a minimum of 80 ECTS credits within a field of study that is relevant to the specialisation of the MSc degree programme
- Grade requirements:
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.50 (B) on an ECTS scale
- Minimum grade C in courses relevant to the MSc degree programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10991 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10991 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9474 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9474 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Internal Applicants: NOK92 400
- External Applicants: NOK 107 200
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.