The Graduate Diploma in Social Work at the National University of Singapore is for persons holding degrees earned from reputable universities other than social work, currently working in social service sector and acquiring knowledge and skills of social work and would be qualified for accreditation as social worker after completion of GDSW;
The objective is to train non-social work graduates to be competent social service professionals by providing professional knowledge and skills in:
- Social work theory and practice;
- Social service delivery systems; and
- Specialised fields of social intervention.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Family Centred Practice
- Social Work Research and Inquiry
- Topics in Social Work
- Human Service Organisations and Management
- Studies and Research on Children & Youth
- Working with Children & Youth
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission as a candidate for the Graduate Diploma in Social Work, a person must be a graduate of this University or such graduate of another university as a Senate may approve, and must have obtained either:
- A NUS Bachelor's degree with Minor in Human Services; or
- Bachelor's degree with acceptable Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken no earlier than five years before the date of application (NUS/NTU/SMU graduates are not required to submit the GRE score) and at least one year of
(a) work in the social services and/or(b) voluntary social service experience*; the one year can include components of both (a) and (b); or
- other qualifications and experience subject to approval by the Board of Graduate Studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.