- MRes Critical Human Geographies forms part of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) South West Doctoral Training Partnership, which provides in-depth research training in the social sciences in general and human geography in particular
- Focused on preparing you for a career in social science research, whether at doctoral level at university, or in the public and private sectors
The Critical Human Geographies programme from The University of Exeter is essentially designed to develop in you a broad-based and relevant knowledge of research approaches and methods in human geography and the social sciences, and to provide you with a range of transferable skills appropriate to Masters-level research within the discipline.
The programme aims to prepare you for a career as a professional researcher in either academic or non-academic environments. The core training in social scientific philosophy, epistemology, methodology and analysis is set within a contemporary human geography context, allowing you to apply the wider concepts and skills introduced in the broader social scientific setting to specific topics of geographical inquiry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods and Design in Human Geography
- Contemporary Debates in Human Geography
- Geographies of Culture, Creativity and Practice
- Geographies of Life
- Space, Politics and Power
- Qualitative Methods in Social Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesGeography Sociology Educational Research View 302 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All applicants are considered individually on merit, although we usually require a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £4,250 part-time
- £12,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.