- Benefit from an accredited work placement in the UK or overseas in the development, diplomacy or policy making sectors
- Expand your knowledge with regular extra-curricular departmental talks by policy makers, activists and visiting scholars
- By taking the Conflict, Security and Development programme at The University of Exeter you will learn from world-leading experts with real-world experience
- In a time of constant global change your understanding of complex political and cultural issues will be highly relevant to a range of careers in international politics, security and development
In addition to the academic and knowledge-based skills provided by this programme’s subject material, your studies will also develop personal skills which are highly valued by employers, such as:
- Advanced independent thinking, with the ability to undertake self-directed learning and time management to achieve consistent, proficient and sustained attainment
- Experience of working as an individual on challenging material
- The ability to reflect on your learning, evaluate personal strengths and weakness, and map out a plan of personal development based on those reflections
- Competence with standard IT applications, and an understanding of efficient and effective ways to obtain information from library, database, and online sources.
- Experience of working as a participant and/or leader of a group, and of contributing effectively to the planning and achievement of that group’s objectives
- Experience of giving presentations to others in your field
- The ability to construct a rigorous argument, and defend that argument citing relevant sources, both in written form and orally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conflict, Security and Development in World Politics
- Work Placement in Conflict, Security and Development
- Dissertation Skills
- Management and Governance: Comparing Public Administration around the World
- Policy and Politics: the theory and Strategy of Delivering Public Services
- Public Sector Finance for Managers
- The Politics, Policy and Practice of Sustainable Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesMilitary Science International Law Legal Studies View 393 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- We are looking for graduates with a 2:1 or above in their first degree. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
- Pearson58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £5,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.