- Civil engineering is essential for making the infrastructure used in our daily lives sustainable, and more innovative solutions are constantly being sought as the demands of modern civilisation increase
- Learn how to analyse, design, construct and maintain infrastructure, and put the theory you learn into practice to solve complex problems
- Receive an in-depth knowledge of the subject, specifically geotechnical and structural engineering
- You’ll study with students across all Engineering postgraduate programmes, and you have the option to include additional management modules in the programme, with Civil Engineering with Management MSc
There is considerable demand in the workplace for graduates with knowledge in both a specialist technology area and in management, particularly in the modern tools and techniques to support the management of a dynamically changing engineering business. This Civil Engineering programme from The University of Exeter will equip you with the correct vocational skills to achieve success in the working world or in further study. We have an established reputation of training tomorrow's great minds, so when it comes to life after graduation you can be confident that you are starting your next professional adventure in a prime, leading position.
You will receive support from our dedicated Career Zone team, who provide excellent career guidance at all stages of career planning. The Career Zone provides one-on-one support and is home to a wealth of business and industry contacts. Additionally, they host useful training events, workshops and lectures which are designed to further support you in developing your enterprise acumen. Please visit the Career Zone for additional information on their services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Aided Engineering Design
- Advanced Structural Engineering
- Advanced Geotechnical Engineering
- Linear Systems and Structural Analysis
- Structural Design
- Sustainable Engineering
- MSc Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 298 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All applicants are considered individually on merit although we usually require a 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) in a science or engineering discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National112500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 112500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.