- For geology and engineering graduates wishing to specialise in applied geotechnics
- Explore the prediction and measurement of damage caused by natural disasters, and innovative ways to reduce and prevent future issues through the construction of structures such as dams
- Graduate with the skills to undertake professional employment in the civil, environmental, engineering geology, geotechnical engineering and mining-related industries
A unique benefit studying at Camborne School of Mines is the community and relations you will gain both during, and after your studies. Camborne School of Mines has a world-class reputation and excellent alumni network, allowing our graduates to prosper in their respective fields in all corners of the globe:
In addition, a degree form Camborne School of Mines will teach the necessary technical skills and theoretical knowledge required, as well as additional complementary skills relating to communications, teamwork and problem solving. We have excellent rates of graduate employment, with many postgraduates working overseas.
Graduates of this Applied Geotechnics programme at The University of Exeter have gone on to enjoy careers as geotechnical engineer, rock mechanics engineer, geologist, design engineer and tunnelling engineer. Our graduates have gone to work for some exceptional companies such as Cross Rail and Bam Nutthallt. This information has been taken from the
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project and Dissertation
- Excavation and Geomechanics
- CSM Professionalism
- Health and Safety in the Extractive Industry
- Project Management
- Economics, Processing & Environment
- Underground Construction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 71 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants are considered individually on merit although we usually require a good honours degree from a recognised university (typically a 2:2 or higher) in a mining, geological, engineering, science or mathematical discipline.
- Students applying with Turkish Government sponsorship/funding need to include their project topic as part of the application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
MSc:£3,650 part-time (where available)
PgDip:£7,300 full-time (where available)International:
PgDip:£15,650 full-time (where available)
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.