- Choose to specialise within a policy subfield such as social and family policy, economic and public policy, environment, criminal justice and security
- Delivered by the highly successful Q-Step Centre for Applied Data Analysis. Teaching covers a range of data analytic techniques and practical software and programming skills
- Put your market-leading social data science skills into practice with optional work placements or industry-based research consultancy projects
- During the Applied Social Data Science programme at The University of Exeter, you’ll gain an understanding of complex political and cultural issues, often in continually changing environments which will be relevant to both business and public sector careers or PhD study
You will develop a number of skills that are valued in professional and managerial careers: the ability to research and analyse information from a variety of sources along with written and verbal skills needed to present and discuss your opinions. The understanding you will gain of complex political and cultural issues, often in continually changing environments, can also be relevant to both business and public sector appointments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Data Science and Policy Analytics
- Data Visualisation
- Mathematics and Programming Skills for Policy Analytics
- Policy Analytics: Dissertation or Research Consultancy Project
- Text as Data
- Applied Skills: Becoming an Effective Negotiator
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to enable time for your application to be considered,
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 229 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2:1 Honours degree in a related subject, eg. social sciences, psychology and economics, with demonstrable evidence of data analysis training/content.
International19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £4,600 part-time
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.