- Flexibility to choose subjects around your own interests through a range of options
- You will achieve a respected standalone qualification or training for a PhD degree in line with UK Research Council requirements
- Our location is surrounded by sites of archaeological interest and you may also have opportunities for international fieldwork
Many of our MA students go on to study at PhD level, and the MA in Archaeology at The University of Exeter serves as excellent preparation. Your tutors and the Archaeology academic staff will help you put together applications for funding and develop a research proposal if you should choose to take this path.
Some of our recent graduates have gone on to work directly in Archaeology or the wider Heritage Sector, with careers such as:
- Archaeological Assistant
- Experimental Archaeologist
- Field Archaeologist
- Museum Curator
- Time Team Archaeologist/Community Archaeologist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design in Archaeology
- Themes in Archaeological Theory and Practice
- Field Study
- Landscape Archaeology: Understanding the Historic Environment
- Material Culture
- Professional Skills in Archaeology
- Advanced Project
- Discovering the Past with Molecular Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesArchaeology History View 152 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 Honours degree in Archaeology or a related subject.
- Pearson: 58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £9,500 full-time; £4,750 part-time
- £20,000 full-time; £10,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.