The aim of the Applied Genomics Master's at ITMO University is to train full-stack specialists in the field of genomics, capable of conducting their own full-cycle research. The program uses a project-based approach for the implementation of urgent scientific tasks, including the tasks of its industrial partners.
Benefits of the Program
The program is delivered under the aegis of SCAMT Lab, the leading ITMO lab specializing in interdisciplinary research in the fields of biology, genetics, chemistry, materials science and IT.
- Prokaryote Genomics;
- Plant Genomics;
- Animals and Humans Genomics.
The program is delivered under the aegis of SCAMT Lab, the leading ITMO lab specializing in interdisciplinary research in biology, genetics, chemistry, materials science, and IT.
Students can perform their projects in one of the following research groups:
- Computational Modeling for the Design of Functional Materials;
- Applied Genomics;
- Molecular Robotics and Biosensor Materials.
The program offers students an opportunity to do their research and educational internship at the best universities around the world.
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Foreign Language for Specific Purposes
- R&D Project Management
- Basics of Genetic Engineering / Plant Genomics / Epigenetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 9 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics or related fields with excellent/good grades; CV & motivation letter; upper-intermediate level of English
Tuition Fee: TBA
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.