In addition, you will develop an advanced understanding and practical application of the theoretical frameworks, effectively preparing you for a career in clinical epidemiology or evidence-based healthcare.
Why study with us?
- Eligible for credit transfer – Students from the Master of Medical Statistics or the Master of Public Health are eligible to gain 40 units of credit into the Master of Clinical Epidemiology.
- Advance your medical career – by enhancing your research capability, you will achieve a broader understanding of epidemiological concepts, the application of methods in biostatistics, and economics in a variety of health settings, which will open the door to new career opportunities.
- Flexible study options – you can choose to study full-time or part-time to suit your professional and personal needs. Our advanced online learning system gives you the flexibility and support to study anytime.
- Professional Development – Clinicians are eligible to claim their education as part of their continuing professional development points.
As a clinical epidemiologist, you will work with the fundamental objective of finding ways to reduce the burden of disease, and control communicable disease epidemics.
Possible career paths after graduating from the Master of Clinical Epidemiology program at the University of Newcastle may include:
- epidemiology research
- policy advisor
- health related industries
- Clinical Statistics
- Health Economics
- Randomised Control Trials
- Research Protocol Design
- Applied Research
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date. Late applications may be considered for next available intake.
DisciplinesPublic Health Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Epidemiology View 235 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 105360C
- Minimum of a four year undergraduate degree in a related field such as biomedical science, applied science, nursing, medicine, pharmacy, allied health, psychology, sociology and social/behavioural science.
- Applicants with a three year undergraduate degree should possess an Honours degree or additional postgraduate qualifications such as a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma; or a minimum of one year's work experience in a related field.
- Up to 40 units of RPL may be awarded to students who have higher qualifications and/or related work experience.
International38470 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38470 AUD per year during 12 months.
National20570 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20570 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.