On completion of the China Business Studies programme at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, students will be able to strengthen their knowledge, skills and intellectual abilities as defined in the broad learning outcomes which are underpinned by specific learning objectives below:
Chinese Business EnvironmentLearning Objective: Evaluate developments in the Chinese business environment, and their impact on both domestic and foreign business organizations.
Business Ethics in ChinaLearning Objective: Identify and analyse ethical issues related to doing business in China.
Cultural Impact on China BusinessLearning Objective: Evaluate and be able to communicate the impact of culture on business and management practice, with particular emphasis on Sino-foreign business activities.
Chinese LanguageLearning Objective: Demonstrate a basic understanding of Chinese language.
Business and Culture (7 subjects for 24 credits)
Language (2 subjects for 6 credits)
• China Immersion Experience
• Chinese I (for Non-Chinese speaking students)
• Chinese II (for Non-Chinese speaking students)
• Chinese Economy and Business Strategies
• Cross-cultural Management
• Essentials of Chinese Culture
• Foreign Trade and Investment in China
• Managerial Economics with an Application to China Business
• The Legal System and Economic Law in China
Electives (4 subjects chosen from the following for 12 credits)
• Chinese III (for Non-Chinese speaking students)
• Chinese Customs and Etiquette
• Chinese Society and Culture Through Film
• Encounters Between China and the West
• Human Resource Management in China
• Key Issues in China Business
• Marketing in China
• Political Economy of Policy Making in China
• Research Methods and Market Research in China
• Research Project in China Business Studies
• Taxation Management in Hong Kong and China
• Theory and Practice of Accounting in China
• Total Quality Management
For details, please visit programme website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application for 2022 has commenced
Apply on or before 30 April 2022
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Area & Cultural Studies International Business View 16 other Masters in International Business in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional qualifications in relevant fields of business.
- Preference will be given to applicants with some work experience.
- If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose.
International34716 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34716 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National31132 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31132 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
HK$281,400 per programme (HK$6,900 per credit for 36 credits and HK$5,500 per credit for 6 credits) for local students
HK$313,800 per programme (HK$7,800 per credit for 36 credits and HK$5,500 per credit for 6 credits) for non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Merit-based scholarships are available.
- International students merit-based tuition fee waiver
- Local students merit-based tuition fee waiver
- Mainland students merit-based tuition fee waiver
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.