With zettabytes of data being collected annually, governments, companies, and people have more access to data than ever before. With so much data, it can be hard to know where to start looking for important insights or trends to drive business decisions. The Big Data MasterTrack is offered by Coursera in partnership with Arizona State University.
Data mining techniques provide the first level of abstraction to raw data by extracting patterns, making big data analytics tools increasingly critical for providing meaningful information to inform better business decisions, and applying statistical learning theory to find a predictive function based on data.
You’ll learn to apply mathematical theory and decision making techniques that are vital to big data analysis, classification, clustering, and association rule mining through real-world projects designed by faculty from Arizona State University.
By committing to online study for 6-9 months, you can earn the Big Data MasterTrack Certificate that will be a pathway to the online Master of Computer Science degree at Arizona State University.
What You Will Learn
- Develop exploratory data analysis and visualization tools using Python and Jupyter notebooks
- Apply design principles for a variety of statistical graphics and visualizations including scatterplots, line charts, histograms, and choropleth maps
- Apply common data mining algorithms to discover relationships and patterns in large datasets
- Implement more advanced learning algorithms such as deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Perform scalable data processing operations in cloud computing environments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat is a MasterTrack Certificate?
With MasterTrack™ Certificates, portions of Master’s programs have been split into online modules, so you can earn a high quality university-issued career credential at a breakthrough price in a flexible, interactive format. Benefit from a deeply engaging learning experience with real-world projects and live, expert instruction. If you are accepted to the full Master's program, your MasterTrack coursework counts towards your degree.
- Data Processing at Scale
- Data Mining
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
If you get a B or better on your first attempt in every course in this MasterTrack™ Certificate, you will earn a university-issued certification, as well as satisfy the GPA requirement for the ASU Master of Computer Science degree program. Apply these credits to the Master of Computer Science at Arizona State University to begin the program with 9 of your 30 required credits completed.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 261 other programmes in Machine Learning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You should have an understanding of the following topics: computer organization and architecture, discrete mathematics, data structures, and algorithms.
- Knowledge of high-level programming languages (e.g. Java) and scripting language (e.g. Python), relational database structures, and statistics is also recommended.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
National4500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
Students pay by course. You will also be asked to pay an application fee when registering through the ASU website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.