you position yourself amongst the transition of society towards sustainable production and in change from fossil to biomass raw materials. You will become an engineer of the future.
If you take an engineering education at Aalborg University, you will attend one of the best engineering education in the world! In 2018, our engineering programs were named the fourth best in the world by 178 experts surveyed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). At the same time, AAU was named the best engineering university in Europe for the second time in six months.
Studying Bioengineering at Aalborg University - Esbjerg , you will obtain skills and competences in Bioenergy, Biotechnology and Bioprocesses. You can choose to profile yourself towards molecular biotechnology and learn to manipulate the genes in microorganisms to produce natural compounds of interest such as pharmaceuticals, food ingredients, electrolytes in batteries or many other applications of need in society. You can also profile yourself towards fermentation processes and the engineering of the complex biorefinery operations that transfer the compounds from a “good idea in the lab” into use in society – where it makes an actual difference.
Job opportunities are many and your future workplace could be a consultancy, the public sector or the private industrial sector. You could work with biological production in companies like Glycom A/S or Novo Nordisk, with purification of valuable products from milk powder in Arla, with production of natural gas in biogas plants, with refining of proteins from plant based biomass etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biogas and bioenergy
- Extraction of compounds from natural sources
- Molecular biotechnology – recombinant DNA technology
- Fermentation technology
- Process analytical technology and multivariate data analysis
- Modelling and simulation of biological processes
- Life Science company development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in Biotechnology in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants without legal claim to admission:
- BSc i Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Aalborg University
- BSc i bioteknologi, Aalborg University
- BSc i Sustainable Biotechnology, Aalborg University
- Diplomingeniør i kemi og bioteknologi, Aalborg University
- BSc i kemi og bioteknologi, University of Southern Denmark
- BSc i bioteknologi, Århus University
- BSc i bioteknologi, Technical University of Denmark
- Diplomingeniør i bioteknologi, Århus University
- All applicants must prove that their English language qualifications are equivalent to level B (Danish level) in English.
- In general, admission to the International Programme in Bioengineering at the M.Sc. level requires a B.Sc. degree in relevant engineering or natural science disciplines.
- All applicants are evaluated individually by the Study Board in charge of the Biotechnology programme at Aalborg University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Esbjerg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.