Sociology at Nanyang Technological University has a vibrant intellectual, research, and interdisciplinary environment. Graduate students are actively engaged in high profile research projects with faculty members and research clusters. Additionally, the programme offers a wide range of comprehensive funding opportunities and schemes for students to pursue their postgraduate work in a highly supportive and nurturing research environment in a world-class university.
Students are expected to develop a substantive competency in the fundamental areas of Sociology, as well as a deep proficiency in core areas of research interests across different research methodologies. Furthermore, students will gain exposure to teaching specialised Sociology and related modules. Exciting opportunities are also available for students to connect with NTU’s partner universities through our Summer/Winter programme as well as exchange and independent overseas research.
- Classical Sociological Theory and Research
- Contemporary Sociological Theory and Research
- Research Methods for Social Sciences
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 4 other Masters in Sociology in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Social Sciences, especially Sociology, from a recognized University.
- Students with little or no prior sociological training may be granted admission conditional on their satisfactory completion of additional reading courses. Students in this category will therefore be required to submit additional documentation concerning their undergraduate training.
- This should include official syllabi from their previous training, bearing the signature or stamp of the relevant authority or institution. Letters of reference from previous instructors should also be supplied, detailing the character and scope of their undergraduate training in sociology or other relevant social-science fields. Students with no social-science background are unlikely to be admitted.
International14326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14326 USD per year during 12 months.
National6698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6698 USD per year during 12 months.
- Singapore Citizen: S$9,000
- Singapore Permanent Resident S$12,600
- International Student S$19,250
- NonSubsidised Fees S$35,850
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.