This Product Design course at Manchester Metropolitan University supports you to explore and develop personal design methodologies and philosophies, and locate these within a deep understanding of historical, contemporary and future design practices, and wider social and cultural contexts.
You will undertake core units, delivered by production design specialists, consisting of design theory and practice lectures, material and manufacturing workshops, group seminars, individual tutorials, live external projects, and research study trips. Practical design development is supported by extensive hand and machine workshops for wood, metal, ceramics, glass and plastics, and digital workshops for laser cutting and large scale CNC routing.
Graduates will develop skills suitable for employment in design, and design management roles, in manufacturing and consultancy. Skills in research and contemporary design philosophies also lead to opportunities for roles in academic research and teaching.
The programme also prepares graduates for self-employment routes – developing business knowledge in support of the challenges inherent in establishing and running your own product design and manufacturing business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Synthesis Project: Product Design (MSc)
- Synthesis Project: Product Design (MA)
- Design Thinking
- Researching, Mapping And Locating
- Colour, Material & Finish
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- MFA - 300 credits
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Liberal Arts View 142 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of 2:2 Honours degree is required. Equivalent EU/international qualifications are also accepted. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Other professional qualifications or degree disciplines will be considered on merit and/or with relevant professional experience.
- We require the submission of a digital portfolio to evidence design practice and research, and may request an interview as part of the application process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2917 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2917 GBP per module and a duration of 12 months.
National1542 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1542 GBP per module and a duration of 12 months.
UK and Channel Island Students
- Part-time fee: £1542 per 30 credits studied per year.
EU and NON-EU International Students
- Part-time fee: £2917 per 30 credits studied per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.