Applicants reading the degree of Arts (Research) at Nanyang Technological University will pursue an independent but supervised research in an approved field of advanced study based on which a thesis should not exceed 50,000 words (including footnotes, but excluding appendices, references, maps, charts, statistical tables, graphs, illustrations, etc), except for a Masters thesis written in the Chinese language should not exceed 100,000 Chinese characters.
Areas of research:
- Bilingualism and biliteracy studies
- Multimodal and multiliteracies studies
- Phonetics and phonology
- Discourse studies
- Language teaching methods
- Language assessment and testing
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Liberal Arts View 4 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Singapore
- A Bachelor's degree with honours at least at Second Class Upper level in the relevant areas and the ability to pursue research in the candidate's proposed field of advanced study.
- Shortlisted applicants will undergo an interview session as part of the selection process.
- A valid GRE score is required for applicants who are not graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore.
International945 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 USD per year during 36 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 798 USD per year during 36 months.
Singapore citizens: S$1,137.41 and international: S$1,346.06
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.