Upon completing the Counselling and Guidance at Nanyang Technological University, students are expected to be competent in various areas including major counselling theories, evidence-based practices, case documentation, ethical and legal issues, and research and programme evaluation skills in counselling. Students are trained to adopt an integrated approach to counselling, which draws on knowledge from various counselling theories, developmental psychology, abnormal psychology, and multicultural therapeutic perspectives.
This rigorous, informative and structured training programme is a course-work oriented professional degree that is designed to prepare new entrants into the fields of counselling and guidance as highly competent and caring counsellors. It is also designed to enhance and upgrade the knowledge and skills of counsellors at a master's level and to prepare those who may wish to pursue a doctoral education later.
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in Counselling
- Multicultural Counselling
- Life-Span Developmental Psychology
- Career Development and Counselling
- Theories of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Advanced Counselling and Interviewing Skills
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 9 other Masters in Psychology in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have a Bachelor's degree from a regionally recognised university preferably with Honours or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Only applicants who have the suitable personal attributes and aptitude for the counselling profession with potential to contribute to the community will be considered. Preference will be given to those who have the relevant counselling work experience or majored in related fields such as education, psychology and social work. Completed application forms will be reviewed and shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an admission interview with the faculty panel.
International2776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2776 USD per year during 12 months.
National2760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2760 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.