Materials Science and Nano-Objects - Nanomat Master at Institut Polytechnique de Paris includes numerous tutorials, laboratories and numerical projects in relation with current scientific topics that can answer to societal challenges (renewable energies, ecology, health, heritage, ...).
The addressed topics concern optics, electronics, spintronics, superconductivity, correlated systems, physical chemistry of solids and high-density liquids, exploration of planetary interiors, interaction with the environment, etc.
They cover a large variety of materials and their applications, such as nanostructured materials, 2D materials, thin films, materials for energy, materials under extreme conditions, glasses, minerals and cultural heritage materials, with a systematic focus on the microscopic phenomena at the origin of their macroscopic properties.
During the first semester of year 2, students will acquire in-depth knowledge, while the second semester will be dedicated to a research internship. This program is hosted by Sorbonne University and shared with ESPCI.
The first year is divided into four majors:
- High Energy Physics Major
- Laser, Optics, Light-Matter Interactions
- Condensed Matter Physics
Students who graduate from this Master’s program will be equipped to pursue a PhD in many different fields in an industrial or academic environment.
Condensed matter physics: basics - magnetism and semiconductors physics - electronic and transport properties -electronic and transport properties
- Condensed matter chemistry
- Diffraction, microscopy, local and non-local spectroscopies
- Functional theory of density, molecular dynamics, meta dynamics
Avanced experimental and numerical investigation methods
Practical experience through a 6 months research internship, tutorials, laboratories and numerical projects in relation to current scientific topics that could solve societal challenges e.g. renewable energies, ecology, health and heritage
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Year 1: 60 ECTS
- Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesPhysics Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 64 other Masters in Physics in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science in physics aligned with the prerequisites specified in the Master 1 Majors, in France or abroad.
- Language: Specified in each Master Year 1 major (French or English).
- Completion of the first year of a Master with highest honors at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Applicants must present a personal project coherent with the philosophy of the Physics by Research Master - applicants are advised to contact faculty members in their field of study well ahead of the application deadline with a statement on their scientific interests to coordinate their proposed study program
- Due to the highly selective nature of the program, applicants are strongly encouraged to also apply to one of the topical Master tracks at Institut Polytechnique de Paris
- Working knowledge of French will enhance the range of options available
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.