Virtual and Augmented Reality at Institut Polytechnique de Paris naturally leads to careers in various industrial domains - including computer aided design in aeronautics and mechanical/automobile engineering, architecture and urbanism design, digital cinema and special effects, video games, video-surveillance, simulation and control, medical imaging, e-commerce and e-marketing - at different levels of responsibility such as project manager, expert engineer, project designer and R&D engineer.
During the first year dedicated to Electrical Engineering for Communication, the student chooses a major in Telecommunication Networking and Multimedia. It aims to provide the foundations to understand, practice, and contribute to the development of new-generation communication techniques and networking, content coding and delivery systems such as 5G networks, connected devices, machine-to-machine communication, as well as the need for very low-delay and high-reliability networks.
During the second year, students will acquire the fundamental concepts in computer vision, computer graphics, deep-learning methods and human-computer interfaces, while during the second semester they will complete a research internship to gain practical experience.
Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
Students graduating from this program will be equipped to pursue a career in various industries as a:
- AR/VR project manager
- Expert engineer
- Project designer
- R&D engineer
This Master’s program allows students to:
- Master fundamental concepts in computer vision (including methods for acquiring, processing, analyzing and understanding digital images, artificial intelligence), computer graphics (including geometry primitives, texture mapping, animation and deformation, rendering and lighting algorithms), deep learning methods and human-computer interfaces (e.g. advanced visual programming, toolboxes, web interfaces, user centric design, evaluation, ergonomics, robotics)
- Address all the key elements relating to virtual and augmented reality systems and applications including sensors, scene modeling, natural and synthetic content aggregation, interaction, spatial and temporal registration, object tracking and immersive rendering
- Become familiar with modern software tools and hardware equipment used in AR and VR
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st round: from January 5th until February 7th, 2021.- 2nd round: from February 8th until April 30th, 2021 .
- Year 1: 60 ECTS
- Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 21 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Good background in mathematics
Certificate of English level (IELTS ≥ 6, TOEIC ≥ 785, CECRL ≥ B2)
Completion of the first year of a Master in Electrical Engineering at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Basic knowledge of math (linear algebra)
- Programming skills in computer programming (C/C++, Python, Java)
- Basic knowledge of image processing and computer vision
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.