Foundations of Computer Science at Institut Polytechnique de Paris is a research-oriented Master’s program in computer science run jointly by the following institutions: University Paris Diderot (coordinator), ENS Ulm, ENS Paris-Saclay, Ecole Polytechnique, and Télécom Paris.
The program aims to train future scientists by plunging them into contemporary research in computer science. Most graduates pursue a PhD, while others directly embark on a career in industry.
Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
Students who successfully complete the two-year program will be able to:
- Pursue a PhD leading to a career in academia e.g. a teaching-research position at a university or full-time research position at a research institution
- Build a career in their field of expertise in the private sector e.g. R&D department
- Advanced Algorithmic
- Computational Logic: from Artificial Intelligence to Zero
- Introduction to Cryptology
- Distributed Computing
- Image Analysis and Computer Vision
- Digital Representations and Analysis of Shapes
- Safe Intelligent Systems
- Algorithms and advanced programming
- Randomization in Computer Science: Games, Networks, Epidemic and Evolutionary Algorithms
- Introduction to information theory
- Advanced Cryptology
- Quantum Computer Sciences and applications
Projects and Internships
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Year 1: 60 ECTS
Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 72 other Masters in Computer Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Completion of a Bachelor of Science at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- English: B2
Completion of the first year of a Master in computer science or related field at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- English: B2
- Two academic references (added online directly by your referees)
- Statement of purpose
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.