Master in Data and Artificial Intelligence at Institut Polytechnique de Paris will enable students to acquire the basics of machine learning, logic, big data systems and databases, before diving into applications in advanced machine learning, symbolic AI, swarm intelligence, natural language processing, visual computing, and robotics.
Students can choose from a wide range of courses including mining large datasets, big data processing systems, reinforcement learning, GPU programming, semantic networks, cognitive modeling, self-organizing multi-agent systems, autonomous navigation for robots, text mining and image understanding, as well as social issues in AI.
The first-year program provides students with core knowledge and requires them to conduct a research project.
In the second year, students will build more advanced knowledge and complete a research internship.
Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
Students who successfully complete the 2-year program will be able to:
- Embark on a research career in robotics, image processing, machine learning, web technologies, social web, data analytics, big data management, knowledge base management, information extraction, information retrieval, databases, data warehousing, knowledge representation, and distributed data management
- Pursue a PhD at Institut Polytechnique de Paris
- Build a career in industry, especially in research and development departments
- Build a successful research career in robotics, image processing, machine Learning, web technologies, social web, data analytics, big data management, knowledge base management, information extraction, information retrieval, databases, data warehousing, knowledge representation and distributed data management
- Big data infrastructures
- Probabilistic Models and Machine Learning
- Learning for robotics
- AI Ethics
- Semantic Networks
- Logic & Knowledge representation
- Self-Organising Multi-Agent Systems
- Machine Learning in High Dimension
- Logics and Symbolic AI
- Database management systems
- Graph Mining
- Machine Learning: Shallow & Deep Learning
- Constraint programming
- Machine & Deep Learning Introduction
- Efficient resolution of logical models
- Graph mining and Clustering
- Text Mining and NLP
- Machine Learning for Text Mining
- Basics of image processing and analysis
- Data Stream Mining
- Data Visualization
- Reinforcement Learning
- Navigation for autonomous systems
- Multimodal Dialogue
- Systems for Big Data
- Kernel Machines
- Architectures for Big Data
- Image understanding
- Knowledge Base Construction
- Programming with GPU for Deep Learning
- Big Data Processing
- Emergence in Complex Systems
- Cognitive approach to NLP
- Algorithmic information and artificial intelligence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Year 1: 60 ECTS
- Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 34 other Masters in Machine Learning in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Have good background knowledge in mathematics
- English: proof of English proficiency is required (TOEFL results, language course, language test) except for native speakers and students who previously studied in English.
- Completion of the first year of a Master in computer science or related field at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- English: proof of English proficiency is required (TOEFL results, language course or language test), except for native speakers and students who previously studied in English.
International6243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.