The program is designed to provide students with the solid knowledge and know-how to master the foundations of computer science, while also developing skills in various fields of cybersecurity including cryptology, systems security, network security, modeling and protocol validation.
The first year of the Cybersecurity Master’s program aims to teach students the theoretical foundations, key concepts and common tools relating to computer science.
The program also includes courses related to current trends in cybersecurity such as blockchains and machine learning.
Focusing on research, the program introduces students to research labs through projects and a Master’s thesis.
Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
On completing the 2-year Cybersecurity program, students will be able to pursue a wide range of career opportunities:
- Complete a PhD
- Work for tech companies, especially in the R&D department
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Fundamentals of Modern Computer Networking
- The Fundamentals of Computer Architectures and Operating Systems
Introduction to Cryptology
The Fundamentals of Database and Programming
- Introduction to Systems Security
- Introduction to Network Security
- Secure protocols
- Risk analysis and modeling, attack detection
- Risk modeling and analysis in complex systems
- Fondamentals in distributed computing
- Machine learning introduction
Introduction to Information Theory
- Advanced Network Filtering Architecture
- Blockchain and distributed algorithms
- Introduction to formal methods
- Systems and application security
- Embedded systems security
- Advanced Cryptology
- Laboratory projects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Year 1: 60 ECTS
- Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security Machine Learning View 37 other Masters in Machine Learning in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- English: proof of English proficiency is required, except for native speakers and students who previously studied in English.
- Completion of the first year of a Master in computer science or related field at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
English: proof of English proficiency is required, except for native speakers and students who previously studied in English.
- Two academic references (added online directly by your referees)
Statement of purpose
International6243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.