Our society relies more and more on complex software systems for different aspects of our lives, such as transportation (e.g., airplanes), health (e.g., insulin pumps), and infrastructure (e.g., smart electrical grids). The trend for the future is to adopt new autonomous systems, such as self-driving cars, drones, and robots.
The core aspects of such Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are the interaction with the physical world and the communication with other systems. These aspects pose new challenges to design and implement reliable, secure, and performant software and require an interdisciplinary approach from Computer Science, Robotics, Embedded Systems, and Artificial Intelligence.
During the first year of the Cyber-Physical Systems at Institut Polytechnique de Paris , students will acquire the essential skills and concepts to work with CPS, as well as conducting a semester-long research project in one of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris laboratories.In the second year of the program, students will specialize in a specific research area e.g. formal methods, real-time systems or robotics. Students then join a semester-long research internship, either in academia or industry.
Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
- Work in the R&D department of companies from different sectors (e.g., aerospace, automotive, robotics, and manufacturing) and contribute to develop innovative and disruptive solutions.
- Pursue a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering in a highly ranked University
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Programmer’s Introduction to Computer Architectures and Operating Systems
- Numerical methods for dynamical systems
- Safe Intelligent Systems
- Semester-Long Research Project
- Concurrent Programming
- Fault Tolerance
- Modeling Physics with Differential Algebraic Equations
- Reactive and Synchronous Systems
- Real-time System Scheduling
- Wireless Sensor Networks
Many elective courses
- Projects and an Internship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Year 1: 60 ECTS
- Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security Artificial Intelligence View 37 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Applied Mathematics at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Students should have an outstanding academic record
- Completion of the first year of a Master in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics or other related disciplines at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Demonstrated basic knowledge in network protocols, object programming languages, mathematics and probability
- Two academic references (added online directly by your referees)
- Statement of purpose
International6243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.