Computer Science for Networks at Institut Polytechnique de Paris enables first year students to acquire the necessary background in computer science. Laboratory time and projects offer students the opportunity to practice and understand concepts more easily.
The second-year provides techniques and tools to tackle current questions through the in-depth study of computer science and complex networks. Students will also learn to master recent approaches based on advanced software engineering. The program comprises core courses in computer science and networks, as well as optional modules in specific domains.
High-quality lectures and project supervision are provided by renowned professors and industry experts. The program has strong ties with industry, and many courses and lab sessions are run by our industry partners. The program also provides a first research experience to prepare students for a PhD or career as a research engineer in academic or industrial organizations.
Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
After completing the second year of the Master, students will be able to:
- Occupy research and engineering positions in the fields of modelling and analyzing complex networks, as well as distributed computing for advanced communicating systems
- Work for key industry players in positions relating to networking
- Pursue a PhD at Institut Polytechnique de Paris, another leading university or research center
Programme StructureCourses include:
- C Programming and Unix
- Probabilities & Statistics
- Simulation and Metrology
- Virtualization: Concept and implementation
- Middleware for distributed Applications
- A wide range of elective specialized courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Year 1: 60 ECTS
- Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 72 other Masters in Computer Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Applicants are required to have good foundations in mathematics and networks, and basic knowledge of algorithms, software engineering and general network architectures
- Completion of the first year of a Master in computer science or related field at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Demonstrated basic knowledge in network protocols, object programming languages, mathematics and probability
International6243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.