Biology and Health at Institut Polytechnique de Paris looks at progress in biology (observation, sequencing, synthesis of the genome and omic approaches) through dialog with other disciplines including physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and mechanics. It also deals with ethical questions concerning bio-technological applications. The program includes courses focusing on biological concepts and disciplinary interfaces, as well as an internship in a research laboratory.Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD ). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
After completing the second year of the Master’s program, students will be able to:
- Pursue a PhD
- At the end of a PhD, work in industry in fields like biotechnologies, pharmaceutics and agri-food, or at a teaching-research university
- With additional training, take up a position in biotechnology regulation, IP, innovation funding and management or scientific communication
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- English or French (FLE)
- Immunology and infectious diseases
- Biotechnologies for health and agriculture
Genomes : diversity, environment and human health
Biodiversity and ecosystems
Experimental training in genetic engineering or in quantitative imaging
- Molecular systems biology
- Epigenetics and non-coding RNAs Biophotonics and applications Computational Biology Project in bioinformatics Data sciences in biological imaging Medicinal chemistry
Biomechanics in health and disease
- Molecular structures of the cell
- Synthetic Biology
Contributions of biochemistry and cryo-EM to the study of translation mechanisms
- Research internship in a laboratory during 5-6 months
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Licence/Bachelor of Science (biology – physics – chemistry – mathematics – informatics) with a strong interest in biosciences - as a minimum, a basic knowledge required
- Completion of the first year of the Master’s in Biology & Health at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France or abroad
- Direct admission in year two is possible for students having successfully completed the first year of a similar Master’s program (60 ECTS must have been validated)
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.