Stochastic models are intensively used in financial institutions and insurance companies. In addition to model specifications, accurate statistical methods are crucial for estimation, calibration and forecasting. This trend has recently been accentuated by the rise of data science and machine learning.
The Statistics, Finance and Actuarial Science Master’s program aims to train high-level specialists in the fields of random modelling and risk management to meet the needs of all types of financial institutions including banks, insurance companies, asset managers and hedge funds.
To achieve this ambitious goal, a strong level in probability and statistics is required.
The curriculum is organized around core courses in time series, machine learning, risk management, actuarial science and mathematical finance.
Expand your horizons by combining courses from the Probability and Finance with Data Sciences for Artificial Intelligence wit
The first year is dedicated to the fundamentals in Applied Mathematics and statistics.
Students interested early on by research are advised to apply for a PhD Track in this field (combined Master and PhD). It enables a personalized master program, early immersion in research labs and a progressive development of the thesis studies.
On graduating, students will be equipped to pursue a career requiring:
- Random modelling and risk management for all types of financial institutions including banks, insurance companies, asset managers and hedge funds
- Acquire all the necessary mathematical and cultural tools to meet the evolving needs of financial markets
- Grasp the complexity of the mathematical tools (probabilistic, statistical or numerical) used
- Deepen your knowledge of technical fields up to the frontier of research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Year 1: 60 ECTS
- Year 2: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesFinance Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 39 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Bachelor degree in sciences
- A good knowledge in applied mathematics and statistics
- French: B1 level
- Completion of the first year of Master in mathematics at Institut Polytechnique de Paris or equivalent in France (engineering school) or abroad.
- English B2 level
International6243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Palaiseau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.