Museum Studies and Curatorial Practice at Nanyang Technological University places great emphasis on addressing theoretical and practical challenges working with art historians, curators on historical and contemporary art.
Crafted following international best practices this one year course based MA program is designed with a three track structure. This allows students, after a common core education, to specialise in Museum Studies or Curatorial Practices or opt to pursue a blending of the two disciplines. To finalise their MA program students can opt for a Master Thesis-track or a 10-week professional internship at museums or art institutions located in Singapore or overseas.
The program is situated at the School of Art, Design and Media, an exciting and dynamic environment with a dedicated and highly respected faculty across this field. As a joined venture with NTU Centre for Contemporary Art – a national exhibition and research center located at Gillman Barracks - this new MA program offers a wide network of key stakeholders, institutions and artists in the region.
- Academic Skills, Research Methodologies, and Writing
- Histories of Arts in Southeast Asia
- From Colonial to Post-Colonial Art: A Critical Survey
- Education and Outreach
- Curating Time-based Media
- Planning and Designing Exhibitions for Art Galleries and Public Spaces
- A bachelor degree of at least Lower Second class or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- For applicants whose mother tongue is not English, a good IELTS score of at least 7.0 is required. This requirement is waived if applicants have earned their Bachelor’s degree from a university where English is the medium of instruction.
International20374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20374 USD per year during 12 months.
National17564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17564 USD per year during 12 months.
Singapore citizens:S$25, 000 and international: S$29, 000
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.